Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back Online

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My computer was out sick. The dog ate my logic board.

1-1 in Dakota on paper isn't too shabby. The first win was hard fought. The loss, well, I'm pretty sure the Vipers had never previously had a quarter in which they'd been held under 10 points. Normally I'd look that up. But that doesn't seem like the kind of thing I want to be advertising. I mean, I'm a PR guy, right?

With that said, it'd not like if the Vipers had hit one more free throw or one more basket in that fourth quarter that my opinion on it would change. It's just a number. And whether you lose by 2 or by 52, a loss is a loss. They count the same.

The key is to make sure they don't pile up. So far, the Vipers have only lost back-to-back games once, and never more than two-straight. Last year the Vipers had two six-game losing streaks and in year one, well, there was that ten-game losing streak and that 13-game road losing streak...

The Vipers got a chance to rest a little bit and now will get a chance to get back to their winning ways tomorrow in Erie. This game has meaning beyond the game itself. I am in favor of the Vipers beating Erie badly twice. Not because there's anyone there I don't like... I don't really know any of them... More so because they stole my website background. And if there's one thing this Doctor Professor doesn't stand for, it's plagerism.

I mean, it's not like I stole our previous background (remember the basketballs?) from the Golden State Warriors or anything like that... I mean, theirs was blue. Ours was red. There was a demonstrative difference! That's why I didn't complain when Austin put up basketballs since they're using a gray-black kind of color scheme.

With more on why they did that, I'd like to bring in Toros President Peter Lubell, but we're all out of time. We'll try to squeeze him in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment