Friday, January 1, 2010

A Special Day for the Vipers Broadcast Team

Three Vipers games are going to be shown on NBA TV in the next five days. For the franchise, Monday and Wednesday will be a big deal - they'll mark the first two times a Vipers game will ever be shown not only on live TV, but on live national TV. Make sure you tune in, but hit the mute button and blast your radio on 104.9 Jack FM so you can hear ADB do what he does best (with me in the studio).

For myself and Alex, tomorrow is the big deal.

At 3:30 p.m. CT, NBA TV will rerun the 12/21 Vipers win over Reno at Dodge Arena. They will use the same video and audio seen on NBA Futurecast. Which means Alex and I will be making our NBA TV debuts.

Even more special, Alex called the third quarter of that game with Hall-of-Famer Clyde Drexler, and now he can watch that on TV. After that, Alex took a break for a few minutes to let me get a few minutes of play-by-play in at the start of the fourth quarter. So I too will get to make my TV play-by-play debut.

I'm excited to watch it, I know Alex is too.

Remember, the NBA Development League isn't just about developing players and coaches. It's about developing everyone... including broadcasters. Alex and I both have similar dreams of doing play-by-play in the show. Hopefully this little bit of national exposure will help us on our ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment