Saturday, April 17, 2010

Post-Season Ejections

Antonio Anderson got ejected from the game a few minutes ago. Picked up his second technical.

My initial reaction is I have no problem with this, if Anderson indeed earned it. My opinion is rules need to be enforced the same in the post-season as in the regular season.

I've always hated the excuse that I sometimes hear about officials not wanting to affect the game by ejecting or T-ing up a significant player in a post-season game. Well, um, that's a load of malarkey. If the player earns a pair of technicals, or flagrant fouls or whatever... It's his fault... not the officials'.

So I have no problem with this... as long as he indeed earned it AND the rules are applied to all teams and players consistently throughout the post-season. Whether it's the NBA Development League's all-time leading scorer or a rookie in his first post-season... whether it's the quarterfinals, the semifinals or the championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment