Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mind Boggling Numbers

If I'd told you Garrett Temple was going to lead the Vipers in rebounding with six against Reno, would you have thought they'd set a record for margin of victory? Or that they'd win at all?

Well, did you know the Vipers out-rebounded Reno 33-25 despite Rod Benson's 12 rebounds?

It's about team accomplishments, not individual.

And now let's flip it over.

Here are some numbers that just boggled my mind while putting together my game notes.
Reno Assists - 9
Will Blalock - 2
Desmon Farmer - 2
Mo Charlo - 2
Doug Thomas - 1
Rod Benson - 1
Dave Noel - 1

By way of comparison, Antonio Anderson had nine of his own. The Vipers had 31 total assists.

I mean, nine assists for an entire team? REALLY? But I think I'm disturbed that the person (or people in this case) with the most assists on the team had two. I mean, REALLY?

No comments:

Post a Comment