Friday, February 19, 2010

YAO MING IS COMING TO THE VALLEY!!!!

HOLY [INSERT FAVORITE EXPLETIVE HERE]! YAO MING IS COMING TO THE VIPERS GAME ON MARCH 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:30 p.m.

State Farm Arena

BUY TICKETS NOW! This game WILL SELL OUT! Don't be left out!

That's right. THAT six-time All-Star. THAT Houston Rockets center. Yes... this one (photo credit NBAE/Getty Images):


Man he's tall. 7-6...

---

So I got a "scare" tonight, courtesy of the Springfield Armor. Perhaps they saw that I wrote that I didn't think they'd win another game this season (after my post earlier today, I'm not so sure I believe that anymore, since Felix and Bobbitt aren't that bad... but I'm not going to back down now, since it's always possible I turn out to be right... and then I get to say I told you so). Springfield fell to Reno 124-123. I don't know if there was an error in the box score or I just read it wrong, but when I left the office for dinner at Mimi's Cafe, honestly, I thought Springfield had won and I was preparing to eat my hat. Apparently I can hold off on that.

I wonder if the Armor knew I had written that. And if they did, would it matter? I like to think that the extra motivation isn't needed since they're playing in the most heavily scouted league (by the NBA) in the world and the reason most, if not all, players play in a league that has the word DEVELOPMENT in it is for a shot at the NBA. That seems like more than enough motivation every night to me.

But, if my words did give them extra motivation/do give them extra motivation to win over the rest of the season, I'll take it as a compliment. Since that's basically admitting that what I say matters (would also suggest I have a good following), and really, that's how you know you've made it in the blogging world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment