Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Following My Dream

I can't believe I left this out of my last post.

Call it an addendum.

One of the biggest things Brian did for me was allow me to continue to follow my dream. It would have been very easy for Brian to tell me that I had to choose between the Vipers and the WhiteWings, but he didn't. He allowed me to continue to pursue my dream, and now, for the second-straight summer, I work for both teams at once, providing play-by-play for the WhiteWings.

It's ironic that, while it's what I want to do, it was baseball that kept me away from Brian's surprise going away dinner tonight (put on by the front office). I'm in Laredo right now. Left after the press conference this morning. Of course, we didn't even play. Rained out (well, it rained during the afternoon and the field just wasn't playable), but there was no way of knowing. The game didn't get called until a little after 9:00.

I wish I could have been there, but at least I'll be there on Friday for the final day.

No comments:

Post a Comment