Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer League Rumblings

The Vipers are well represented and doing well in the early portion of the NBA Summer League. Seven players and two coaches (Finch is with the Rockets, Steadman with the D-League Select Team). Not too shabby.

Antonio Anderson got the early start on everyone by going to Orlando to play with Charlotte, but he only saw action in the first game, and that was a whopping 1:29.

Something didn't smell right about this from the start. Anderson's not the only player playing for multiple teams this summer, and it's not completely uncommon, but there was overlap between Charlotte and Denver's schedules and the flight from Orlando to Las Vegas isn't exactly short.

I wonder how long Anderson was in Orlando, but perhaps the bigger question is did Charlotte having a problem with him playing for two teams? If they really had interest in him (and you'd think they do since he was in training camp with them last year), they would have played him more, right? But if they weren't interested, why invite him to Summer League?

At least Anderson's getting significant minutes with Denver...

Jermaine Taylor has been ridiculous. My favorite thing is that he gives a lot of credit to the Vipers for his resurgence. You know, someone said something to me about how having a guy like Taylor or a guy like Aaron Brooks wasn't a big deal because they're down for such a short period of time. That's horse manure. Here's what Taylor told dleague.com:

"Playing with the Vipers helped me out a lot in terms of my confidence," said Taylor after scoring 21 points in a win over the Mavericks on Saturday night. "With the Rockets I wasn't getting a lot of minutes or playing much. My confidence never went down, but I was questioning myself a little. When I went down there it just helped me realize that I could still play."

It doesn't have to be a long assignment to be meaningful...

I wonder if Joey Dorsey will lead the Summer League in rebounding again.

Good to see Jonathan Wallace starting at point guard for the D-League Select Team tonight. Heard he got hurt in a win over Team Korea the other night. Guess he's okay.

Kenny Hasbrouck went off in his Summer League debut. Wouldn't be surprised if he breaks camp with the Heat. I have a feeling playing with Wade, LeBron and Bosh could make him a heckuva point guard or a strong back-up shooting guard. Not a lot of pressure when you play with those three guys, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment