Friday, July 9, 2010

A Key Cog Is Leaving

I'm of course talking about Vipers President Brian Michael Cooper. Check out his statement.

We're all going to miss Brian. He's done a heckuva job for us, but you can't argue with family. It's the most important thing.

I've known about this for a decent amount of time, but I have to admit, when it came time to release the statement, it was a pretty weird feeling. As if it had suddenly become real. One of those, holy crap, this is actually happening, moments.

We'll get a long fine after Brian's resignation becomes official. We have a great staff. And as long as he's going to be happy, we support his decision.

It could have been worse, he and Toros president Peter Lubell (been a while since I mentioned the fellow BU grad) could have bolted to join NBADL Executive of the Year Jon Jennings in Maine (don't tell me when you saw the title of this post you didn't think I was going to talk about you know who).

Speaking of LeBron, I want to thank him personally for leaving Cleveland. He turned a friend of mine, who is a Cleveland transplant, into a full-fledged Rockets fan after being a life-long Cavs fan. Though, honestly, I don't think Cavaliers fans should let go of the team right now. Not after their owner released this statement.

With any luck, this will all lead to the Rockets landing Tyson Chandler.

There is one cool thing about the Miami Heat needing to fill out their roster with nine minimum salary players – Mickell Gladness and Kenny Hasbrouck are playing for the Heat in the Las Vegas NBA Summer League. A few months ago I didn't see Gladness as a candidate to break camp in the NBA. He's a guy who I think needs at least another half year of seasoning. Maybe a full year. But the Heat have to fill out their roster somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment